The call for nominations is now open! Please read our criteria below before submitting your nomination.
Nomination deadline: January 30, 2019.
Nominations, which must include documentation of sustained support for the CNA Certification Program, must be made by one of the following:
- A current CNA-certified RN or certification candidate;
- A group of CNA-certified RNs and/or candidates with the same employer; or
- Employers themselves.
Some examples of sustained support are as follows:
- CNA certification credential mentioned in advertisements and/or job descriptions when recruiting for RNs.
- Facility- or company-wide recognition of the achievements of CNA-certified RNs (e.g., award ceremony, newsletter, letter of recognition, plaque displaying the names of CNA-certified RNs).
- Financial support for RNs taking their certification exams or obtaining certification renewal.
- Provision of other types of compensation (e.g., pay differential, education leave for exam preparation, continuous learning support, purchase of resource materials, provision of study room).
- Encouragement of RNs to act as mentors, either on a day-to-day basis with workplace colleagues or for the CNA Certification Mentorship Program.
- Provision and/or support of mentorship study groups.
- Support of professional participation on a CNA-certification examination committee or other examination development activities.
The nominee must be an employer of nurses.
In fairness to each nominee, we ask that every nominator follow these general guidelines:
- The online nomination process must be completed by January 30, 2019, and include evidence for the selection criteria.
- Each nominee will be assessed solely on the information in their nomination form. Please do not include phrases such as “see attached document” when specific information is requested.
- The committee will assess each nomination according to the information included in the online nomination form. This will allow a fair assessment of each candidate as well as a uniform and transparent decision.
Nominees for the Employer Recognition Award are also considered for honourable mention.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.