Below are a few highlights of our recent work. To receive regular updates and information, subscribe to our CNA Now newsletter. Subscribers will be kept apprised of our activities and have the chance to provide input as we shape our policies and positions.
Welcome to the Canadian Network of Nursing Specialties
CNA has a new connection with two more nursing groups: the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Specialty Nurses and the Canadian Association of Paediatric Nurses.
Both groups recently joined CNA’s Canadian Network of Nursing Specialties. This network consists of 46 national associations representing nurses in many diverse areas including emergency nursing, occupational health, and gerontology — to name a few. The network helps nurses connect with experts in their field, share knowledge, collaborate with their peers and gain strength in numbers.
Resources for nurses and employers
What CNA has in store for 2018
- New harm reduction, cultural competency, patient safety, clinical nurse specialist and advanced nursing practice resources
- A new Choosing Wisely nursing list, developed with the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association
Advocacy — We will continue our dialogue with the federal government to set aside funds in its 2018 budget for:
- Acomprehensivepublic health approach to reduce adverse health, social and economic consequences related to the legalization of non-medical cannabis
- Antimicrobial stewardship programs to minimize the emergence of antimicrobial resistance
- Early, secondary and post-secondary education programs for Indigenous students
Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS)
RNs and NPs can apply to become a CNPS beneficiary when joining or renewing with CNA — all in one transaction! Visit join.cna-aiic.ca.
Being a part of CNA includes a subscription to Canadian Nurse, membership in the International Council of Nurses (ICN), certification program and professional development discounts, access to leading resources, preferred rates for insurance, mortgage rates and more. For a full list visit cna-aiic.ca/benefits.
Stay current. Subscribe to the CNA Now e-newsletter at cna-aiic.ca/cnanow. You make all this work possible.