EXTRA fellows benefit by:
- Learning how to make stronger decisions that promote the success of your organization by finding, assessing and applying existing research to your decision-making process.
- Acquiring the skills to develop an evidence-based decision-making culture, better able to meet the needs of the changing health system environment.
- Gaining the knowledge to initiate, manage and sustain measurable improvements in your organization.
- Developing professionally within your organization and amongst your colleagues in the health-care system.
- Getting the chance to collaborate and network with Canadian peers who have organizational improvement experience and skills.
- Obtaining practical knowledge from diverse health-care settings through Canadian and international guest lecturers.
Employers benefit by:
- Having your EXTRA fellows return to the organization better prepared to make evidence-based decisions.
- Gaining improved management skills that lead to better health-care policy, delivery, innovation and cost-effectiveness through research application.
- Acquiring the capacity to assess your own organizational performance against other organizations.
- Developing the ability to accelerate organizational change through evidence-based decision-making.
For more information on the EXTRA fellowship program, including information on the call for 2014 applications, visit the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI) website.