Registered nurses contributing to the health of Canadians
and the advancement of nursing.
CNA is the national professional voice of registered nurses in Canada. Representing nearly 139,000 registered nurses, CNA’s members include:
- to advance nursing excellence and positive health outcomes in the public interest;
- to promote profession-led regulation in the public interest;
- to act in the public interest for Canadian nursing and nurses, providing national and international leadership in nursing and health; and
- to advocate in the public interest for a publicly funded, not-for-profit health system.
In pursuit of the vision and mission, CNA has established the following goals:
- To promote and enhance the role of registered nurses to strengthen nursing and the Canadian health system.
- To shape and advocate for healthy public policy provincially/territorially, nationally and internationally.
- To advance nursing leadership for nursing and for health.
- To broadly engage nurses in advancing nursing and health.
Bylaws [PDF, 428.5 KB]
CNA consolidated financial statements 2017 [PDF, 337.2 KB]
2017 Annual Report [PDF, 1.1 MB]