Who can join the Canadian Academy of Nursing?
Membership is available to all regulated nurses who are members of CNA. Nurses seeking nomination to the academy’s fellowship program must be members of the academy.
Our founding members
The Canadian Academy of Nursing was created in October 2019 by the Canadian Nurses Association. We are grateful for the support of our founding members, who include:
- Existing members in good standing of the Academy of Canadian Executive Nurses
- Members of the board of directors of the the Nursing Leadership Network of Ontario
- Founders of the Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
- Members of the CNA board of directors
See list of founding members
Anne Marie McIlmoyl
Christine Rieck Buckley
Our founding members receive complimentary membership in the academy for 2020 and 2021.
To be a member of the Canadian Academy of Nursing, you must be a member of CNA. To purchase membership in the academy, please access your MyCNA account:
- CNA members — log in to or create your MyCNA account and follow the membership process for the academy.
- Non-CNA members — you must be a CNA member to join the academy. Go to mycna.ca to log in to or create your MyCNA account. Purchase a CNA membership to access your benefits (learn more about membership rates and benefits) and then follow the membership process to join the academy.
The Canadian Academy of Nursing membership fee is separate from the Canadian Nurses Association membership fee. The annual membership fee in the academy is $62 (plus applicable taxes) for the 2020 calendar year. Membership expires on December 31, 2020.
Membership fees are the same rate year-round, regardless of when the purchase is made (i.e., fees are not pro-rated). Fees are not refundable.