Nominate a Canadian nurse for special recognition during Canada’s 150th anniversary
Deadline: April 21, 2017
Nurses have been a foundational component of health-care delivery and improvements in Canada since Confederation. As Canadians prepare to celebrate their nation’s 150th anniversary, CNA recognises that nurses will continue to pioneer health innovation in our nation and abroad. That is why we are looking across the country for the nurse innovators and champions in health care that will be profiled on the CNA website.
If you or a colleague have a passion for the nursing profession and are strong advocates for social justice and quality health care in Canada, we want to hear from you. We want to showcase the gifted nurses that are able to connect with patients and their families and who are leaders in advanced patient-centred approaches through traditional or innovative methods.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of Canada’s 150th celebrations!
- Be a member of their provincial or territorial college of nursing for 2017
- Be a member of the Canadian Nurses Association for 2017
- Demonstrate leadership in connecting with patients and their families and advanced patient-centred approach through traditional or innovative methods
- Inspire a passion for nursing
- Be a strong public advocate and active leader in support of social justice and quality health care
- Have enhanced and/or promoted exemplary and innovative nursing practice
- Have advanced professional expertise and interprofessional practice
- Have contributed significantly to professional organizations, inspiring and supporting the professional development of others by serving as a mentor or advisor
If you are an Ontario or Quebec independent or emeritus member of CNA, submit your name or that of a colleague by April 21, 2017.
If you reside in a province or territory other than Ontario or Quebec, or you are not an emeritus member, please contact your CNA jurisdiction.
- No purchase is necessary to participate.
- By agreeing to participate in and submitting an entry, participant expressly agrees to be bound by rules of the General Disclaimer.
- All submission must be accompanied by the completed form.
- All information/entries become property of the Canadian Nurses Association and will not be returned.
- The Canadian Nurses Association or it jurisdictional members reserve the right to retain any or all materials relating to publicity and/or advertising. The Canadian Nurses Association or its jurisdictional members shall have no responsibility for failure to being selected.
- Selected candidates consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with the Canadian Nurses Association for promotional or publicity purposes.
- I do hereby give and grant to the Canadian Nurses Association, and/or any individual, firm, organization or publication designated by it, the exclusive right to use, publish and copyright my name, photograph or photographs both still and motion picture. I may be included in the photographs in whole or in part, in composite or distorted form, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name for reproduction in any medium including but not limited to advertising, display exhibition, promotional or editorial use. I grant the Canadian Nurses Association and its designees all right, title and interest that I may have in the finished pictures, negatives, reproductions and copies of the original prints and negatives.
- Employees and families of the Canadian Nurses Association and its jurisdictional members are not eligible.
For more information, please contact:
613-237-2159 or 1-800-361-8404, ext. 252