The CNA certification team has made the difficult decision to postpone the May 1-15, 2020, exam-writing window. This was not a decision that we made lightly but, given the current global COVID-19 pandemic, we feel it is the right thing to do.
If you were scheduled to write the exam in May, you can expect an email from CNA with instructions on what to do next. Further updates will be shared once available.
To write the exam
You must write the exam to become certified for the first time (also known as initial certification).
You can rewrite the exam to renew your specialty certification, but most renew by continuous learning.
- Apply from January 20 – March 2
- Exam writing window: May 1 – 15 — postponed
- Receive your results in June — no longer applicable
- Apply from June 1 – September 10
- Exam writing window: November 1 – 15
- Receive your results in December
To renew by continuous learning
- Apply anytime from January 20 – November 1
2020 Poster [PDF, 215.1 KB]